Now that we’re settled in, we both stay pretty busy during the week. Andy’s at school all day and studying at night. I walk the dog several times a day, go to the gym, hang our laundry to dry (sigh) and usually have some social outing, either getting coffee with a friend or hitting up all the Christmas markets. So I’ve been searching for an easy, grab and go breakfast for us during the week.
Eggs tend to be my go-to because they are easy, and so nutritious. They are one of the best sources of protein and contain all nine essential amino acids. They are a great source of choline, which helps regulate your brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system, not to mention, contain Vitamin D, in which many of us are deficient.
Between the egg and ground turkey, this has plenty of protein to keep you full through the morning, along with vitamins and fiber from the broccoli and some “cheesy” goodness from nutritional yeast. Prep ahead for easy breakfasts on the go!
Broccoli & “Cheese” Egg Bites
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 8 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350F (or 176C).
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil and add chopped onion. Saute until softened.
- Add the additional tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add ground turkey, sprinkle with salt and brown until cooked through.
- Add chopped broccoli to the pan of the turkey mixture, and continue to saute on medium for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the worcestershire, dijon mustard, and nutritional yeast, and stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the meat mixture and whisked eggs and mix well.
- Ladle into muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set in the middle.